Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sheldon Whitehouse Video: Rule of Law, Part Two

video by selise of firedoglake 7 december 2007
part two of two




Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) explains the Bush administration's egregious power grab in part two of his floor speech December 7. The text of the entire speech is available here.

Whitehouse summarizes with Bush's 3 new rules:

1. “I don’t have to follow my own rules, and I don’t have to tell you when I’m breaking them.”

2. “I get to determine what my own powers are.”

3. “The Department of Justice doesn’t tell me what the law is, I tell the Department of Justice what the law is.”

How did we ever get so far away from what is Constitutional, what is right, what is plain common sense? And how are we going to find our way back?

*******

No comments: