Saturday, December 22, 2007

Winter Sunrise




Good morning everyone! The sun has returned, solstice is over, and Christmas is soon. This beautiful Smoky Mountain sunrise photo captures the mood for me.

But something is missing: winter depression. This might be the first year since college that I haven't been severely depressed. Praise the Lord and pass the Wellbutrin. I've made some changes in my life including some that cause me deep sorrow but the overall impact is an enormous release of positive energy. With the support of so many dear people I have been brave enough to restructure my life so that I can follow my dreams.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the winter, but for now that sunrise is lookin mighty beautiful.

*******

This amazing photo from Picture Taker 2

2 comments:

Prairie Sunshine said...

Good Morning, Good Eg! I love beautiful sunrises, my choice for the best view in my corner o'the world, too.

Toasting you this morning with a fresh ground cup of Caribou Coffee as I cruise the I-highways until the day begins here in the heartland.

Your spirit embodies the best of people looking forward to the dawning promise of the new day. Merry Christmas, my hero, my mentor, my friend.

~ Prairie

Susan McIntosh Lewis said...

Wow Prairie. Thank you. Your new blog is going great! I figured the author of Prairie Sun Rising would like this photograph :)