Monday, November 24, 2008

Russian Medical Fund 24 November 2008



Twelve years coming to a close today. We have saved the lives of more than 3,000 newborns and changed their families forever. We brought hope to a dark place when they thought there was no hope. We kept the entire children's hospital open in 1998 during the ruble crash.

With the hospital gaining political support from the government, I can move on to other projects. But this was a special baby for me, a lifelong dream to help children in other countries who were dying from lack of medicine. It seemed so wrong, and I vowed as a child I would do something when I grew up.

With great affection for my colleagues and supporters, I declare the Russian Medical Fund closed. I think I need to go have a good cry now.

*****

No comments: